Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Episode IV - A New Beginning?

I suppose it's obligatory for all blogs to have this awkward starting post where I tell you what I might talk about, only to later completely veer from this path. Ostensibly, this is going to be about a trip cross country, and a few months spent at one of the many great ski mountains in the Western US. It's also probably going to be about me, my thoughts and general ramblings, as well as Lisa, my girlfriend and faithful co-pilot. It's possible she'll post here. It's also possible she won't. She is keeping a notebook of totally random thoughts which pop up as we drive, and it's certain I'll be referencing that as we go along.

For those of you who don't know me, or don't know what's going on, the story so far:

Since college I've had the itch to drive cross country and spend a winter working and living near a ski resort, while getting in as many powder days as humanly possible. Since I went directly to work after school, it seemed like I may have missed my chance. Eventually I decided to leave my job, for various reasons. Simultaneously, I have spent the past few months dating Lisa, who has always wanted just get up and leave. So I had a travel partner, and no real obligations. I sub-let my apartment, packed up the car, and off we drove. We have several mountains in mind, but no final destination yet.

I'm 23, driving from Boston into the great American West, and I couldn't be more excited. Those of you who know me know this blog will probably be fully of completely random and generally long-winded descriptions of events that may or may not make any sense. Those of you who don't, just expect a travel log from a lost and bored 20-something and his girlfriend. And eventually a cat.

No comments: